WAR - Where All Regret - The Mystique

WAR - Where All Regret

0 Comments

              
    
                Jimmy Cheshire is a British soldier, who fancies to join his country in the first world war, but he fails to. Later, he was sent to India, which was then a British colony. What are the experiences he face there?

                 Come along with Jim on his journey which has joys, sorrows, revenge, remorse and many more.




Colonial times, 1919:

                       Those are the days when India is a colony of the British. It served as the major source of income for the British empire. All the promises of granting independence to India if it supported them in the world war were forgotten. This led to increase in riots all over the India. The rising riots in the country are brutally suppressed.


****

 Epilogue

 
Jalandhar, Punjab, 1920:

I'm going to sleep. NO! I shouldn't.

                 My eyes are too heavy now. The metallic - dirt staunch smell of gun powder already started to vitiate my nose. Through my blurry vision, I can still see the guns firing, people running for their lives, and the blood-red soil which gave an appearance as if the Earth is oozing. Bullets whistled the dirt and flesh alike, with no mercy and remorse whatsoever.

                  Far from a distance, I can hear General Williams shouting at the troops "Shoot'em all! Spare none!", while the soldiers have already started their hunt.

                   "NO!", I shouted upon myself as my eyes already started to close. I'm going to die. The pain of inevitable death started to hurt me more than those two freshly pierced bullets and innumerable cuts, bruises. I never feared death, but the fear of leaving my wife and child to darkness throbbed me, started to induce an intense fear.

                    When people refuse to fight, either in life or death, the war will   end. War is a place where you've to decide between your family or country and humanity. But, this is a war. You must win or die. A war can either end with a win or a defeat, but you just don't know what winning is and what losing is. There's only one choice. Either you've to die on the battlefield or live with the guilt of what your hands have done. But, this is different. I can't die and if I live, I die everyday.

                   With each bullet fired from my gun, a different sense of happiness is engulfing me, the happiness of justice being done. With each bullet piercing holes into the opponents, I feel each hole in my soul getting completely repaired.

                   "I miss you dad"- Liam waved me adieu with his eyes still sparkling with the controlled tears and hopped away. How can forget those sweet words? While they echoed in my head, unknowingly, a smile curved my lips. He is just six now. And, Ellie? The warmth of her lips still rests on mine. I promised them that I'll return. Betrayer, I'm. Tears started to flow through my eyes while bullets and memories pierced through.

                      Perhaps, I'm living in a dream now. Perhaps, everything will end after a deep sleep. I can see my boy playing in the garden, I can feel my love kissing my lips gently and cuddling hair.  Perhaps, this will end, the pain, the suffering. And I faded out...


------------------------****-------------------------

 Chapter 1 will be published soon!


0 comments: